Reverse Engineering Team Board

Reverse Engineering Team Board (http://www.reteam.org/board/index.php)
-   Reverse Code Engineering (http://www.reteam.org/board/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   New Sentinel VUsb Tool (http://www.reteam.org/board/showthread.php?t=986)

neolith 07-25-2008 11:21 PM

New Sentinel VUsb Tool

Since the edgespro tool wasn't the 'one stop shop' for my dongle solution I decided to put together this little tool. It is capable of doing everything you need to get a Sentinel Dongle working with VUsbBus. It is, however, a command line tool with the exception of the integrated PVA dumper. I have only tested it on my Sentinel SuperPro dongle.

There are a few folks here that are worth mentioning, namely y8y8y8y and cEnginEEr, that helped make this possible. I also got loads of help in the form of information from Git. I dont mind at all putting your names in the tool's --help description, but let me know if you want me to do so.

Any way here is a usage description so you get an idea of what is coming up:

Usage: solver [OPTION...] [FILE]

Common options:
--pva Open the PVA dump utility
--ssp Solve a PVA dump to SSP file
--reg Solve a PVA dump to REG file
--ssp2reg Convert a SSP file to REG

Emulator options:
--install <REG file> Add the VUsbBus emulator/REG file to the system
--uninstall Remove the VUsbBus emulator from the system

Help options:
--help, /? Show this help message

I will post the tool as soon as I finish my last test cycle.

Cheers!

neolith 07-26-2008 12:07 PM

Download Link

Here is the download link of the current version. I have finished testing it using a SuperPro dongle on a computer that has no other emulators installed.

Please provide me with feedback. Enc Pass is: reteam.org

Sentinel-Solver-neolith.zip

cghots 07-27-2008 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neolith (Post 8907)
Here is the download link of the current version. I have finished testing it using a SuperPro dongle on a computer that has no other emulators installed.

thanks .test it

luzhmu 07-27-2008 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cghots (Post 8932)
thanks .test it

thanks .test it

Thangdc 07-27-2008 09:56 AM

the tool download have problem
can't open zip file please send again

kiki 07-27-2008 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neolith (Post 8907)

Here my feedback:

Give credit to original author of this combined tool.
to tch2000 for the PVA solver (u just change using some hex editor:p :p ), to PVA for the dumper, to ru-board for the sentinel vussbus and to the author of ssp2reg.

justine 07-27-2008 11:44 AM

this tool is useless in general and interface is very bad

it is easier to use pva slover,dumper,ssp2reg directly then trought you interface

i'm not impressed

neolith 07-29-2008 11:31 PM

This tool is nothing more then a command line interface to a package of all the tools used to get a Sentinel SuperPro dongle working with the VUSBBUS emulator. I thought I already said this .. oh well.

@kiki
I don't have a problem crediting people, but I am sure you noticed that I didn't even put together much of a README. This tool was intended for my own personal use. If you would like to put a list together of all the names of people who made this thing work then by all means please do and I will add it to the package.

And yes I did some hex editing to disable all the silly stuff that was stopping the program from flowing, like the "Press any key to continue", the flashing '*' cursor, and the clear screen mechanism.

@justine
> this tool is useless in general and interface is very bad

It's a command line tool ... did you expect a fancy GUI? I announced that this was a command line tool before I even posted it. You can write a batch file so you can drag and drop PVA dumps to it and it will make reg files if you are anti command line. :p

> it is easier to use pva slover,dumper,ssp2reg directly then trought you interface

I think you meant the following procedure: pva(dump), pva2ssp(solve), ssp2reg(convert), reg2emulator(emulate)

Thanks for the feedback folks :)

Xilefarte 07-30-2008 10:07 AM

you can send it again
the tool download have problem
can't open zip

benito 07-30-2008 11:09 AM

You are not right.
The archive is working.
You have to find correct software for unpacking. This software is crypted to zip with 256bit AES