View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008, 02:39 PM

Quote:
You made me very curious ! So many questions about a way to protect your precious code, What are you developing ?

Is it a really very secret code or very expensive algos that you are trying to protect ?
Kurapica, no, it's not very secret code or anything close. However, I invested a long time into this program and simply don't wanna be ripped off right at the beginning.

I think that this kind of questions should have been asked a long time before and a rating system should exist so that every developer can judge which system is best for him.

Quote:
So many commercial targets were cracked and also will be cracked
I know that

Quote:
and I don't think that however any one tries !
Sorry, maybe I misunderstood you here. You think that nobody is interested in cracking my program? Well, that would be realy nice! To me it seems however that there is a crack for nearly every program (also smaller ones)...

Quote:
Just a developer huh?
Cracking and preventing it is an interesting field in software science if only done for research purposes. However, as I said, it's not my occupation.

Quote:
what EXACTLY are u trying to prevent in your software? the cracking of it or people reversing the code?
Both but mainly I wanna prevent people from cracking it. I know that it is virtualy impossible to do this but as you said: I'm not the programer of photoshop and so if the target is hard enough and not interesting enough, maybe there are more 'interesting' targets around. That's my hope at least

Kind Regards,

Andu