Thread: News
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2003, 08:28 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to kw

Well well,

I see a lot of hostility against a guy you never met, or heard his side of the story. I don't have any real logs here, and the conversation I've had with him was over three years ago if im not mistaken.. But he's just a friendly nice guy, he never took credit for any work that wasn't his.. The problem was that he had released a product that was (thought of as) illegal. That caused police officers to enter his home all of a sudden, impound a LOT of his stuff, questioning him all night and slapping a lawsuit on him from all the major motion picture studios (paramount, disney, WB, 21st century fox, etc)
The press, NOT HIM, declared MoRE and him in particular, the amazing wizkid computer hackers that 'broke the code'.. ("h4x0r the gibson"-writing style intentional)

Now, he's been punished and punished and punished ever since he released this program.. Most of which he simply did not deserve, and you dare be angry at him for 'taking credit for someone elses work', saying the things you did. Please, don't say what seems the coolest/leetest thing to say.. Really think about what you're saying. Imagine it was you that got thrown into this situation.. Note: Jon was only 16 at the time afaik.

-Kwazy Webbit

PS. Acid, this post was not meant to flame you, it was instead meant as an extinguisher for your (imho, quite unfounded) flame towards him.