Reverse Engineering RET Homepage RET Members Reverse Engineering Projects Reverse Engineering Papers Reversing Challenges Reverser Tools RET Re-Search Engine Reverse Engineering Forum Reverse Engineering Links

Go Back   Reverse Engineering Team Board > Reverse Engineering Board > .NET Reverse Engineering
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2009, 07:47 AM

Default Hepl to reconstruct EXE from memory dump for ILDASM etc...

Can anyone recommend a tool that will reconstruct a valid EXE/DLL from a memory dump that I can then use with normal ILDASM kind of tools to disassemble?

I'm sort of after a tool that can scan an arbitrary file and attempt to find dotnet executable stuff/sections and piece together and fixup what it can.

I can see the "BSJB" magic number and also the "_CorExeMain\0mscoree.dll\0" sequence which is often at the end of the .text segment. I can even see what looks like a valid (but empty .reloc) section immediately after the end of (my guess at) the .text section.

There will also be a .rsrc section in there somewhere but I've never needed to reveng it from a dump manually before, is there a MS specification on it ? Any magic numbers to look for ?

I also see "beefcace" magic number a lot prefixing chunks of (small, ~80 bytes) stuff (dotnet XML like strings).

Thanks
Old 06-15-2009, 08:43 AM

You are looking for a generic code extraction tool of dumped assemblies. IMHO there is no such a tool so far. Depending on the protection you need to extract the code in a different way. The first step could be to use tools like "DotNet Id" to detect the corresponding protection.

FJ