Reverse Engineering RET Homepage RET Members Reverse Engineering Projects Reverse Engineering Papers Reversing Challenges Reverser Tools RET Re-Search Engine Reverse Engineering Forum Reverse Engineering Links

Go Back   Reverse Engineering Team Board > Reverse Engineering Board > Reverse Code Engineering
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2010, 07:51 PM

Default All tools in one place (HASP HL)

Hi, for newbies like me that my find hard to find all the tools in one place, here is a package with everything you need (works 100% with HASP HL, maybe also work for other dongle types, just give it a try and comment here):

- Dumpers: h5dmp and h6dmp

- REG file generators: HASPHL_MULTIKEY and UniDumpToReg

- Emulators: Vusbbus and Multikey

Here the link (you may want to disable your AV since some tools are recognized as threats)

http://rapidshare.com/files/411479066/Tools.rar.html

INSTRUCTIONS TO USE THESE TOOLS:

If you see, I included 3 types of tools:
1- Dumpers (h5dmp or h6dmp)

2- reg file creators (HASPHL_MULTIKEY.exe or
UniDumpToReg.exe)

3- Emulators (Vubbus or Multikey)

You must use the 3 of them:

1- Plug in your dongle and run protected application. Play around with app for a while.

2- Using some hasp monitor, like "Toro Aladdin Dongles Monitor.exe" you can get the two passwords needed to dump dongle (PW1 and PW2).

3- Use those passwords to dump dongle, using h5dmp or h6dmp. Try both. One should work. (You said you already dumped your dongle, so you can skip steps 1, 2 and 3)

4- With dmp file at hand, use one of the two included REG file generator. Use HASPHL_MULTIKEY.exe to create Multikey Emulator compatible REG file...or...use UniDumpToReg.exe to create VUSBBUS compatible REG files...is up to you to choose any of them.

5- Once reg file is generated, you do not need dmp file anymore. Double click on reg file to add it to Windows registry.

6- Install emulator either Multikey or Vusbbus, depends on which type of reg file you created previously. It will detect the reg file you just loaded and will install drivers. To install emulator, just run "install.bat" for Vubbus or "install.cmd" for Multikey...Windows will do the rest..reboot if asked.

7- Remove your dongle from usb port...actually you can now trash you dongle away or keep it safe in original box.... open protected application...will work like if real dongle is connected.

8- If your application has some type of time limit , or licensing features...you can play with reg file into "data" section changing some bytes at a time and repeating steps 5 to 7...eventually you will find bytes that will change your program time limit or add/remove features....this is trial and error..there is no direct solution...just play around changing some bytes...if application fails to load..means you changed incorrect byte, so put back original value and try another byte...and so on...it takes time..but eventually you find it...also changing some bytes wont do anything to application...keep trying with other bytes...rememeber that after changing REG file, you must always repeat steps 5 to 7...

Last edited by nestorale : 10-04-2010 at 01:05 AM. Reason: more information added
Old 09-01-2010, 02:47 AM

Thanks, Nestorale and members of RETB.
With the advice and tools from this board, I was able to use my software without the dongle. Just for info, I am 57 years old, with absolutely zero knowledge of programming.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:23 AM
Super Moderator

Hey, there's no need to boost about it!. You youngsters have everything going for you, not like us old timers who have to struggle with new concepts

Git
Old 09-01-2010, 01:51 PM

Git,
I wasn't boasting. Sorry if it sounded that way. Only trying to comment on the helpful posts here, which enabled me to do what I did, inspite of not having programming know-how.

Regards
arj6321
Old 09-01-2010, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

You missed my smily. I was poking fun at myself for being older than you

Git
Old 09-01-2010, 02:10 PM

Oops ! and here i was thinking you guys are youngsters
But thanks once gain

arj6321
Old 09-01-2010, 09:19 PM

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-14-2010, 11:17 AM

Just out of curiosity, if a dongle was already emulated (like using Toros software), is it possible to dump this using h5/h6dmp?)
Old 09-14-2010, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator

Sometimes, sometimes not. Depends on the emulator.

Git
Old 09-15-2010, 08:55 AM

Thanks for the reply.

Do you happen to know if h5/h6dmp dumps can be made from emulation via Toro's HASP emulator 3.8?