Reverse Engineering RET Homepage RET Members Reverse Engineering Projects Reverse Engineering Papers Reversing Challenges Reverser Tools RET Re-Search Engine Reverse Engineering Forum Reverse Engineering Links

Go Back   Reverse Engineering Team Board > Reverse Engineering Board > .NET Reverse Engineering
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2008, 11:21 AM

Post dotNET Reversing tutors on demand

Hi People

In order to spread the knowledge and attract more people into dotNET RCE I will receive requests from anybody who wants to learn how to reverse a dotnet application.

After you make the request I will see If I can make a tutor about it, of course I can't reverse everything but I will try my best, Please understand that I won't crack your software or help you get a free copy of some commercial software, the only goal is to gain knowledge about this new field and share my ideas with all of you.

My only condition regarding the requests is that they are not too large in size so that I and other people who wants to apply the tutor can download quickly.

The tutors will be in Flash format of course, the targets can be either executable applications or DLL Libraries known as Components.

greetz
Old 08-13-2008, 11:41 AM

Hey
Reversing/unpacking its easy (not in my case hehe ) it would be much interesting to see tutor on patching IL code and adding small functionality without recompiling like using reflexil/netdasm
Old 08-13-2008, 11:48 AM

Post Adding functionality

Quote:
Originally Posted by badman View Post
it would be much interesting to see tutor on patching IL code and adding small functionality without recompiling like using reflexil/netdasm
Adding functionality using Reflexil means recompiling via MonoCecil library, the problem is that not all assemblies are loadable into MonoCecil DLL which can cause problems later.

anyway thanks for the tip.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:53 AM

Default XHEO Code Veil v1.2

I need help so so bad... I've been working at this for like 2 weeks. I have a target that is protected by XHEO Code Veil v1.2. I can't unpack it for nothing. The tutorials that I found in google didn't work.(Including tuts4you.com) None of them. I would really like help with this if you guys can help. I've been all over Goolge and can't find the answer. Can someone help me?

p.s. the target is located HERE

Thanks in advanced!
Old 08-18-2008, 10:47 AM

citopr
Read tutors better, and Im pretty sure you will find the way to unpack it
Old 08-18-2008, 12:14 PM

Default link

Can somebody please post a link to one that they know for sure works. That way if it still doesn't work for me then I know I'm the dummy. Thanks guys.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:12 PM

The tutor in Tuts4you which was written by UFO works perfectly fine with codeveil, you should try again.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:11 PM

I'll try it again. Thanks guys...
Old 08-19-2008, 09:04 AM

ok... I got a working dump.. Is there a program that does the auto dycrypting? Because that part is extremly hard and too advanced for me. I got the first part of that tutorial done.. the second part got me baffled.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:20 AM

Are you talking about MMX stuff? If so, I dont think its used in your case. Just try to open it with reflector and see if all methods bodies are ok