Reverse Engineering RET Homepage RET Members Reverse Engineering Projects Reverse Engineering Papers Reversing Challenges Reverser Tools RET Re-Search Engine Reverse Engineering Forum Reverse Engineering Links

Go Back   Reverse Engineering Team Board > Reverse Engineering Board > General Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2010, 05:14 PM

Red face aladdin hasp dump (Bin to dng)

Hello people, I wonder if anyone may be able to help me?

I am trying to emulate an aladdin hardlock key for backup purposes

I used HASPHL2007 from EDGE to create a BIN file via DUMPER option.

Then I loaded this file into edgehasp.exe (HASP HL tab)
As I don't have any DNG files and I suppose it should be created by the exe, I set a target DUMP.DNG file name.

Then I hit the SOLVE button.

It says

Reading...
Decrypting...
Solving...

and is stuck from this point after. I waited for hours and the dng files remained at 0 bytes.

Can any of you clever people give me any guidance, or if I post a link to my dumped bin file, do you think anyone could change it to the dng file I need to enable me to emulate the hardlock?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 09-07-2010, 09:55 PM

use 'hl-dump 2.1'
Old 09-08-2010, 07:06 AM
Super Moderator

And then H224.exe to solve the dump.

Git
Old 09-08-2010, 12:29 PM

Question

Thankyou for your help, I have found and downloaded hldump 2.1, but I am unable to find H224.exe anywhere to solve my dump.

I dont suppose anyone has a link?

Thanks again
Old 09-08-2010, 12:40 PM

U can try at woodmanns it will definately help u
Old 09-08-2010, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator

H224.exe is attached here twice. On it's own and as inside an archive called NY.zip (or rar). Learn to use the search.

Git
Old 09-08-2010, 03:02 PM

Hi again,

Thankyou for your replies, but I am still stuck.

I have searched for over an hour now to find h224.exe and also ny.rar. I maybe looking in the wrong place. I have found many people speaking of the file, but no actual download location.

I found other helpfull info from "Git", which will almost certainly help when I find the tools......

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

I think most people now would recommend you use a virtual USB bus emulator rather than haspemul and the Edge tools. Search here and find hl_dump.exe to make a dump of the dongle, it will make 2 files, a .DAT and a .REG. Find H224.exe (uploaded yesterday) and run it on the .DAT. It will produce a .fst file, but more important as the three Seed values which it will report in the command shell. Make a note of them. Open the original .REG file and take a note of the hardlock ID/serial. Download MultiKey 18.0.3. You now have all you need to make a vusb emulator. Have a look at the example .reg files that come with MultiKey. Create your own .reg file (not to be confused with .REG above!) from the Seeds and the serial ID. IF your hardlock has memory data, it can be extracted from the .fst file, or it may be easier to use UniDmp2Reg to create a starting .reg file. Once your .reg file is finished, run it to enter it into the registry and then install MultiKey. If you have to make any changes to the .reg file, remember to enter it into the registry and also to restart the emulator.

That is an outline of what you need to do, the rest you can find by searching here.

Git

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Thanks