Reverse Engineering RET Homepage RET Members Reverse Engineering Projects Reverse Engineering Papers Reversing Challenges Reverser Tools RET Re-Search Engine Reverse Engineering Forum Reverse Engineering Links

Go Back   Reverse Engineering Team Board > Reverse Engineering Board > Reverse Code Engineering
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2008, 06:16 AM
Super Moderator

> WMProtect 1.63 is Fully Unpacked and Cracked (I have it).

Yes, I have seen it. But it is not protected with itself., so VMProtect protection has NOT been defeated.

I buy VMProtect a long time back. They email me a key and every time a new version ccomes out they send me that to. It is just an exe, it is not protected with itself or anything else, it is just packed with UPX for size. So, it is not Protected, it is Licensed.

What has been released on the Chinese boards is simply the unUPX'd exe and the important part - a Key.
Old 07-20-2008, 11:25 PM

Send a message via ICQ to TORO Send a message via MSN to TORO Send a message via Yahoo to TORO

Quote:
@gitolo:
Coping software dos not mean that the attacker can run your software it if you implement a proper protection;
if you wanna use software protection, VMProtect and CodeVisualizer are the best choice for you for sure, but if you insist on using a hardware protection, I would recommend SenseLock or Rockey6 which are based on smartcart technology...in any case you must try to implement the protection properly otherwise expect a crack for you soft..
i am not agree with you about codevirtualizer, it is a buggy app, i have tryed it so many times with bcb and vc compiled targets w/o success. vmprotect is still the best but not a 100% safe protector .it still is my best tool for code protection. i prefer it to all software developers. i am agree with suggestion about rockey6, but its hard to implement for most of software developers. safenet hardware key (SHK) and wibu codemeter are the best trivial dongles i can prefer now for copy protection. acctually i have done SHK logger/emulator by myself, and codemeter can be done in same way, but both apis are so easy to understand for software developers (shk is easier) and their implementations is so better than other brands such as hasp hl or hasp srm. so easy crackers can not crack them as they can do on hsap hl now and hasp srm in future. i have to say again that shk and codemeter are crackable too. so it is a trade off between implementation simplicity and power of protection against crackers.

to gitolo:
as you read in many forums and websites, every protection is crackable. i think the best protection which can be used by software developers is "support". support of a software can not be emulated or broken 100%. . so choose vmprotect for code protection, choose a kind of dongle for copy protection and choose a good schema for support.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:10 AM

Nice to read these sentences
Toro, will you publish at least your logger like you did it with your logger for safenet superpro/ultrapro ? Or it will stay private?
Old 07-21-2008, 04:09 PM

Question

Hi
You all are right; I wasn't specific talking about the problem.
I was looking for the protection against copying my disc for further distribution.
I just realized I wasn’t clear, but I got the idea.
However, now I face another problem since I understand it better.
Is that true, if someone crack my software, he doesn't have to copy my CD; instead he/she can do own CDs for distribution? Is That right?

I asked VMProtect.ru and Oreans.com to protect my CD against copying; both of them replied to me that they are not able to protect my CD.
Now I understand why.
I should use one of them to protect my code and to protect against duplication I should use hardware solution.
The Aladdin (Hasp HL Pro) from Illinois and Sentinel (SDK) from Maryland have similar prices for their keys.
Which one would be better to use.
I realized that for you neither of them is a problem, but for simple programmer, who knows little about protection, which of them would be a more difficult to break?
Old 07-21-2008, 04:23 PM

Send a message via MSN to souze_villy Send a message via Yahoo to souze_villy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitolo View Post
Hi
You all are right; I wasn't specific talking about the problem.
I was looking for the protection against copying my disc for further distribution.
I just realized I wasn’t clear, but I got the idea.
However, now I face another problem since I understand it better.
Is that true, if someone crack my software, he doesn't have to copy my CD; instead he/she can do own CDs for distribution? Is That right?

I asked VMProtect.ru and Oreans.com to protect my CD against copying; both of them replied to me that they are not able to protect my CD.
Now I understand why.
I should use one of them to protect my code and to protect against duplication I should use hardware solution.
The Aladdin (Hasp HL Pro) from Illinois and Sentinel (SDK) from Maryland have similar prices for their keys.
Which one would be better to use.
I realized that for you neither of them is a problem, but for simple programmer, who knows little about protection, which of them would be a more difficult to break?
Toro here is clear u that if u want Dongle key protection ur software, then must use the (Rocky6) he is not eays to crack and still no body have his solution too, Toro our senior same like cEnginEEr and Git, I think big information here you get about your software protection.
Old 07-22-2008, 01:15 AM

Send a message via MSN to ngoksun Send a message via Yahoo to ngoksun

Quote:
Originally Posted by souze_villy View Post
Toro here is clear u that if u want Dongle key protection ur software, then must use the (Rocky6) he is not eays to crack and still no body have his solution too, Toro our senior same like cEnginEEr and Git, I think big information here you get about your software protection.
Not all. Some Chinese guys have solution with Rockey6 both from hardware(Clone) and software (Emulator) side.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:11 AM

Send a message via MSN to souze_villy Send a message via Yahoo to souze_villy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngoksun View Post
Not all. Some Chinese guys have solution with Rockey6 both from hardware(Clone) and software (Emulator) side.
Some chinies mean, could u show here some address?
Old 02-12-2009, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Git View Post
> WMProtect 1.63 is Fully Unpacked and Cracked (I have it).

Yes, I have seen it. But it is not protected with itself., so VMProtect protection has NOT been defeated.

I buy VMProtect a long time back. They email me a key and every time a new version ccomes out they send me that to. It is just an exe, it is not protected with itself or anything else, it is just packed with UPX for size. So, it is not Protected, it is Licensed.

What has been released on the Chinese boards is simply the unUPX'd exe and the important part - a Key.
Why they also not protect their protector (vmprotect) with VM ? Isnt it strange?
Old 02-13-2009, 07:33 AM
Super Moderator

Not at all, they choose Licensing, not Protection, as I explained above.

Git
Old 02-13-2009, 07:50 AM

They can (should) choose both, dont you think?