Reverse Engineering RET Homepage RET Members Reverse Engineering Projects Reverse Engineering Papers Reversing Challenges Reverser Tools RET Re-Search Engine Reverse Engineering Forum Reverse Engineering Links

Go Back   Reverse Engineering Team Board > Reverse Engineering Board > Reverse Code Engineering
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2009, 12:07 PM

The last one is to big for this forum - If you need it go and get it from MS homepage (download)

Regards

Sharps
Old 08-21-2009, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator

Nothing strange about it, IA64 is for Itanium, a completely different architecture. Basically, you did exactly what you were told to do several days ago and surprise surprise it worked.

Git
Old 08-21-2009, 12:34 PM

Git,

Yea you are right, but I think we maybe need some more precise installation guides - or maybe I am to slow :-)

@All: By the way I forgot to state that I also installed SetupReadyDriverPlus.exe to avoid the driver sign check - I did it after number 8 in my installation guide.

Regards

Sharps

SetupReadyDriverPlus.exe link:

http://www.citadelindustries.net/rea...plus/index.php
Old 08-21-2009, 05:11 PM
Super Moderator

Having to boot from a CD or USB drive sounds a right pain. WHy not just sign the driver and install your own certificate?. There's a link to full instructions somehwere on this site if you search.

Git
Old 08-21-2009, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Git View Post
Having to boot from a CD or USB drive sounds a right pain. WHy not just sign the driver and install your own certificate?. There's a link to full instructions somehwere on this site if you search.

Git

Correct me if I'm wrong but signing the driver ourselves still runs Vista 64 in TEST MODE.

SO you will need a water mark removal app to remove Test Mode from the desktop screen.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:03 AM
Super Moderator

If I try to answer that I will be guessing because I think something changed in Vistas last SP (and I don't use Vista). The observation I can make is that the subject used to arise here regularly but since that link was posted I think your post is the first time it has been mentioned since. You could conlcude that it is still working but I don't know for sure. I do see the subject discussed now and again on different boards and I don't hear about people booting from CD or USB stick.

Sorry to be so vague. If you search on Certificate and 64 you should find it.

Later... I could not find the link but I did find several links to the SetupReadyDriverPlus program so you were right on that and I was wrong. I did find two archives I had, one of which I know I downloaded from the post I am referring to.

http://rapidshare.com/files/270167795/drivercert.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/27016825...ertificate.rar

Git

Last edited by Git : 08-22-2009 at 07:56 AM.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:10 AM

@ Git and cadbob

Does this small application (see link) solve the WM problem ?

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/0...d-server-2008/

Sharps
Old 08-22-2009, 02:48 PM

@sharp
Better you make a google search for atsiv 1.02 command line tool that allows the user to load and unload signed or unsigned drivers on 32 and 64 bit versions of Windows XP, Windows 2K3 and Windows Vista. Atsiv is designed to provide compatibility for legacy drivers and to allow the hobbyist community to run unsigned drivers without rebooting with special boot options or denial of service under Vista.

Klopi

Last edited by Klopschik : 08-22-2009 at 02:57 PM.
Old 08-22-2009, 05:59 PM
Super Moderator

Looked a good idea on the surface but you won't be able to load atsiv anymore as Versign have withdrawn it's own security certificate. So it is itself an unsigned driver. Therefore you will need a solution to the signing problem to load atsiv, and by the time you have that solution you don't need atsiv anymore.

http://blogs.pcmag.com/securitywatch...omps_atsiv.php

Git

Last edited by Git : 08-22-2009 at 06:07 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:48 AM

@Git and Klopschik

What is the right approach then ?

Sharps