Reverse Engineering RET Homepage RET Members Reverse Engineering Projects Reverse Engineering Papers Reversing Challenges Reverser Tools RET Re-Search Engine Reverse Engineering Forum Reverse Engineering Links

Go Back   Reverse Engineering Team Board > Reverse Engineering Board > .NET Reverse Engineering
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2009, 04:48 PM

Sure, original crackme works, since it's wrapped into 32-bit native code wrapper thus causing crackme to be executed as 32bits code inside WoW64 subsystem. As I wrote before, I believe that 64-bit bug was fixed in final version of .NET Reactor.

In the meantime - could you please try changing CliHeader.Flags value from 1 to 3 and see if it helps? You can use CFFExplorer for that or a HEX editor and change byte at file offset 0x418. It should work but I just don't have a 64-bit system to test it with..
Old 10-12-2009, 05:32 PM

It works. As far as I understand u have to directly patch the protection code to run the dumped assembly at all. And if u want to patch the actual crackme methods u have to invest more time (decrypt/patch/encrypt the managed/native code..resign).
Old 10-12-2009, 06:28 PM

Quote:
u have to directly patch the protection code to run the dumped assembly at all.
There are 2 equally good options - patch the code that initializes decryption keys OR decrypt all the data and encrypt with new keys. In this solution I chose the former, more complex method as it required less changes to executable. The latter is simpler and would allow resigning but requires more changes to exe.

Quote:
if u want to patch the actual crackme methods u have to invest more time (decrypt/patch/encrypt the managed/native code..resign).
Hmm, I'm not sure what you mean by that. I already patched actual crackme method responsible for serial check, it accepts any serial now. It's not that hard to patch necrobit'ed method, you just need to figure out the simple data format used in necrobit table.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:10 PM

Sorry, did'n recognize that you already patched the method as you wrote "I'm too lazy to fix all the necrobits, strings, resources and build a new assembly." in the readme.txt.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:45 AM

@Farjump: Thanks for comments. I added clarifications in readme.txt and fixed 64bit issue. Download link updated in original post.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:31 PM

can u post your solution again ? plz
Old 11-12-2009, 07:01 AM

Did not know that mediafire deletes files so fast. Please feel free to mirror to rapidshare, etc. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MU8E6P0E

PS. I got few requests for full solution/unpacker. What I can tell you for sure - I won't make Reziriz2 or anything like that. What I could make is a detailed description how Reactor works and how to defeat it. I'd love to hear from you all - is anyone interested?
Old 11-12-2009, 09:44 AM

wow that would be nice stuff to read through ,) thx

[moderator note : 1) please do not quote such large amounts of the original post, it is completely unnecessary. 2) please do not reply to your own posts, use the Edit button to add to your first post]

could u up the crackme too again plz

Last edited by Git : 11-12-2009 at 10:59 AM.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:33 PM

[please don't quote large amounts of the original message. It is totally unnecessary]

I don't mean to bump, but "a detailed description of how Reactor works and how to defeat it" would be great.

Last edited by Git : 11-24-2009 at 07:06 AM.