Reverse Engineering RET Homepage RET Members Reverse Engineering Projects Reverse Engineering Papers Reversing Challenges Reverser Tools RET Re-Search Engine Reverse Engineering Forum Reverse Engineering Links

Go Back   Reverse Engineering Team Board > Reverse Engineering Board > Reverse Code Engineering
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2009, 07:20 PM

Default Multikey 0.18.2.1 doesn't work with Flora Hardlock dongle

Hi,

I've successfully emulated my dongle of Nemetschek AllPlan 2008.

Steps I followed:

1) Launch Toro Monitor 3.2 and start the AllPlan program with original dongle plugged in. The MODAD is quickly revealed to be 0x6C9F.

2) Dump with Sp0raw's HL-Dump 2.1, using the MODAD discovered in previous step ( 0x6C9F )

3) Convert DUMP file with Sataron's UniDumpToReg 1.1b5 to vUSBBus REG format. I obtain four REG files. Opening those files with Notepad reveals various combinations of seeds.

4) Run Mylock_builder 0.1 with DUMP file and enter the 3 seeds I got from one of the four REG files generated in previous step. The result is a MYLOCK.FST file.

5) Copy hardlock.sys (21k version) and mylock.fst from previous step to "c:\windows\system32\drivers" folder overwriting existing files (I backed up the original hardlock.sys to another folder before overwriting).

RESULT: It all works correctly. AllPlan 2008 works perfectly now without original dongle.

HOWEVER, I wanted to try MultiKey out of curiosity just to see if it worked. So I followed these steps:

1) Restore the original hardlock.sys file I backed up to "c:\windows\system32\drivers" and reboot computer.

2) Edit one of the four REG files obtained with UniDumpToReg and add the following missing entries:

"Name"="Bla bla bla"
"Copyright"="Blah blah"
"Created"="2009"

Notice that this line is incorrect:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Emulator\Hardlock\Dump\00006C9F]

It should really be:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Multik ey\Dumps\00006C9F]

This line is also incorrect:
"ID"=dword:00000000

It should be:
"ID"=dword:3F3CC4E4

3) Install Multikey 0.18.2.1 and double click the REG file edited in the previous step. Reboot computer.

4) Wait until Windows finishes installing new hardware, and launch AllPlan 2008.

RESULT: AllPlan does not work. It says the dongle is missing. EDIT: Well, upon closer inspection, what the error dialog actually says is that "The license file does not correspond to the hardlock device in use".

So, it seems that AllPlan is able to see a Hardlock device, but notices something "strange" about it and refuses to work.

I must mention that SafeKey Hardlock 21k version doesn't suffer from this problem and works perfectly in my case.

Are the authors of MultiKey aware of this problem? Their README says that they support both Luna and Flora hardlocks, but that's not true. Only Luna works with Multikey.

Kind regards.

Last edited by Leolo : 12-23-2009 at 10:40 PM.
Old 12-24-2009, 01:57 AM

I think you miss 1 step when you try to use Multikey. I was done with LUNA one time, and the seed created by Unidump2reg was wrong. I think FLORA is the same. You need solver dump file to find the right seed fist.
Gook luck.
Old 12-24-2009, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiduskg View Post
. You need solver dump file to find the right seed fist.
Gook luck.
exactly, Multikey 18.2.1
if it supports Flora hardlock

Leolo search in the forum
problems similar to yours

Xilefarte
Old 12-24-2009, 03:27 PM

Thanks for your replies, tiduskg and Xilefarte,

However, I do not think that there's a problem with the seeds.

Both UniDumpToReg and H224 Solver give me the exact same four sets of seeds.

I've tried each of the four sets with Multikey, but it never works.

Remember that SafeKey 21K emulator works perfectly with the first set of seeds. So I'm sure those seeds are correct!

I think there is a bug in Multikey. How could I contact the authors to inform them of this bug?

I'm not a programmer, but I would gladly help with testing.

Kind regards.