Reverse Engineering RET Homepage RET Members Reverse Engineering Projects Reverse Engineering Papers Reversing Challenges Reverser Tools RET Re-Search Engine Reverse Engineering Forum Reverse Engineering Links

Go Back   Reverse Engineering Team Board > Reverse Engineering Board > Reverse Code Engineering
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2010, 11:33 PM

Default Help with new Celltype syntax in Multikey

Hi everyone,

I'm having problems trying to understand the new syntax of Multikey regarding the "CellType" value.

My dumps are here:
http://rapidshare.de/files/48975468/...dumps.zip.html

1) First dump is made with Nodongle.biz spapi dumper

2) Second one is from Git's SafeDump 1.28

3) And third dump comes from Elite's SSUMD dumper 1.1.
The REG file has also been generated by Elite's SSUMD 1.1.

The three dumps correspond to the same physical dongle.

- I've tried the REG file from Elite's dumper, it doesn't work (software complains about "no dongle found" )

- I've tried the REG file generated by Git's dmp2mkey 2.3, but it won't work either (same error from software: "no dongle found" )

- I've tried the REG file generated by f1_nodongle.exe and ssp2reg.exe (which is almost identical to the one generated by Git's solver), but unfortunately it doesn't work, I get the "no dongle found" error again.

NOTE: I'm using Multikey 0.18.2.3 for the emulation. Using Windows XP SP3 (32 bit).

Could my dongle be an UltraPro one?

Last edited by Leolo : 01-10-2010 at 11:42 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

OK, it is easy to understand. The CellType value denotes what permissions you have on the corresponding data cells, using the following scheme :

0 - Cell can be Read and Written
1 - Cell can only be Read
2 - Cell is a Counter
3 - Cell is not accessable (because it is Reserved if cell number < 7, or it is an Algo cell)
7 - Cell is an AES encryption Algo cell

Cells 0 to 7 inclusive are Reserved Cells and must not be accessed. There are two excepetions to this, Cell 0 holds the Serial Number and Cell 1 holds the Developer ID. These values must be read by the program so they have access code 1 (Read-Only). All the other Reserved cells must not be Read or Written so they have access code 3. So for the above reasons, the correct values for the first 8 Cell Types is :

01, 01, 03, 03, 03, 03, 03, 03

The latest MultiKey has arbitrarily decided they will now be :

01, 01, 01, 01, 01, 01, 01, 01

Ie, all cells can be Read, even though they are Reserved.

As for your dongle type, look at the header information that SafeDump gives you. It will tell you if it is a SUperPro or an UltraPro from info it reads from the dongle API.

Git
Old 01-11-2010, 12:37 PM

Dear Git. I don't understand. In Examples folder of mk 18.2.3 file reg still have old format?
Code:
"CellType"=hex:\
01,01,03,03,03,01,03,01,\
01,01,01,01,01,01,01,00,\
01,01,01,01,00,00,00,00,\
00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,\
Old 01-11-2010, 06:11 PM

Thank you very much for the explanation, Git.

The best solution right now for SuperPro dongles is to use your Safedumper and dmp2mkey solver, together with Elite's SSUMD dumper.

You'll get two different .REG files. Open them with Notepad, copy the "CellType" values from Elite's REG file and paste them into dmp2mkey's REG file, overwriting the existing values.

Close Notepad, save the changes, and import the .REG file generated by dmp2mkey.

It's a bit cumbersome, but it's the only way to get it working with latest Multikey versions.

Kind regards.