Reverse Engineering RET Homepage RET Members Reverse Engineering Projects Reverse Engineering Papers Reversing Challenges Reverser Tools RET Re-Search Engine Reverse Engineering Forum Reverse Engineering Links

Go Back   Reverse Engineering Team Board > Reverse Engineering Board > Reverse Code Engineering
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2009, 03:23 PM

Default Need Help With Reversing This

Hey What's up guys . I've been learning some Reverse Engineering for awhile now, but I'm still a beginner. I'm having troubles with this difficult application (my most difficult challenge yet).

My friend asked me if I could fix this program for him. The general problem is that once you click the EXE, a splash sceen opens, then after maybe 2 seconds, you'll see a cmd come up and the application closes.

He told me that he heard I was good at reverse engineering and asked if I could help. The application is not supposed to close after the splash screen. Fixing this would normally be an easy task, but there were multiple problems:

-I scanned with PEid and got: "Armadillo 3.78 - 4.xx -> Silicon Realms Toolworks", so it's definately well protected and encrypted.

-I would try to unpack with ProcDump, but to do so you need to wait for the application to open, and then press ok, and then it'll dump. The application opens and closes so fast that I have no time to do so.

What I need to do is Remove the protection, unpack, and then fix the initial problem. I'd love if you guys could help me with all this.

You can find the Application at: http://rapidshare.com/files/244166939/SM_ket.zip.html

BTW: This forum is my new resource for any reverse engineering help I need . I'd tell my friend that you guys were the ones who helped me and, since he's learning reverse engineering as well, refer him to the site xD.

Thanks again