Reverse Engineering RET Homepage RET Members Reverse Engineering Projects Reverse Engineering Papers Reversing Challenges Reverser Tools RET Re-Search Engine Reverse Engineering Forum Reverse Engineering Links

Go Back   Reverse Engineering Team Board > Reverse Engineering Board > Reverse Code Engineering
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2011, 10:28 PM

Default Advice required about Sentinel UltraPro dongle

Hi Everybody,

I would like to seek some advice whether is it possible to reprogram a UltraPro dongle? Because I had one that is running a software from Itasca but we only had one to share... But I found another dongle that looks the same and not really in use due to older software version.

So could somebody enlighten me and guide me along?

Best regards,
Kelvin
Old 08-19-2011, 05:35 AM

Try to make a dongle dump with PVA Dumper, if it works, then it could be emulated..
Old 08-19-2011, 06:15 AM

do not forget to uncheck "brute wp" before the dump
Old 08-19-2011, 12:20 PM

Check the program internals for OWPs and reprogram old key by hands.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivasik View Post
Check the program internals for OWPs and reprogram old key by hands.
Hi Pivasik, may I ask whether how would I be able to check for the OWPs and then to reprogram old keys by hand? Would be great if you can guide me please. At the moment I do have two spare keys which is not in use and working for other software.

Hope to hear from u soon.

---------

Hi Crab and Lomex,

I did a dump and it works with Sentemul 2007 under XP 32bit system. But most of my PC is on Win 7 64bit... Thus I am having headaches about it... And I can't get Mulitkey to work...

Thanks guys for your advice... Hope to get more suggestions...

----
Old 09-02-2011, 02:57 AM

Reverse with the IDA Pro, find RNBOsproOverwrite and check if somebody calls it.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:33 AM

@pivasik

Hi, i manage to get IDA Pro to work and open the exe file and i did try to find for text "RNBOsproOverwrite" but got no result. Is there any other way to locate the WP(s)?
Old 09-18-2011, 10:36 AM

You don't need to find RNBOsproOverwrite string, but RNBOsproOverwrite function. May be by hands, may be by sigs.
If you don't have such calls in the software - you can't overwrite hardware dongle values.
Old 09-19-2011, 03:26 AM

@pivasik

Hi, please correct me if I am wrong. So using the search function in IDA Pro, i should search for function and not string. Am I right?

And is there a way to emulate my main using dongle first before I can figure out how to reprogram the spares? I tried to dump the main dongle which is a SuperPro/UltraPro as shown in device manager using PVA3.3 dumper and I got a dmp file. Then I use dmp2mkey to convert to Reg file.

After which I installed the Multikey which I found and workable for my Windows 7 64bit OS. Everything installed just fine and I also merge the Reg file. But my problem is that the software cannot recognize the dongle... Something is not right... Before that I use SENTEMUL2007 with a dng file using the tools provided in Win XP 32bit and it works well...

After searching and reading quite a few threads here, I understand I need to obtain the WP and put it in the Reg or so... Some advice that I need the Query and Response pair too but I log the running process using Toro's Sentinel Monitor and it doesn't log any Q & R results. Moreover I don't know how to get the WP also...

Thus I would hope that some expert(s) here can help me on this issue soon. Thank you in advance.

Cheers!
Old 09-19-2011, 03:49 AM

Check for the WP in the dump if you dumped with "Brute WP" option enabled.