Reverse Engineering RET Homepage RET Members Reverse Engineering Projects Reverse Engineering Papers Reversing Challenges Reverser Tools RET Re-Search Engine Reverse Engineering Forum Reverse Engineering Links

Go Back   Reverse Engineering Team Board > Reverse Engineering Board > Reverse Code Engineering
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2011, 10:46 PM

Question Dupm senselock dongle

Hi,
I'm newcomer, long time reader. Thank all to post valuable informations.
I've a problem, please hepl me.
I've a senselock dongle (SenseLock EliteIV v2.x). I tried use PVA to dump, but can not. Please help me how to get dupm this senselock dongle and how can emulate ?

Many thank.
Xnhon
Old 10-19-2011, 03:42 AM

Send a message via ICQ to BfoX Send a message via MSN to BfoX Send a message via Yahoo to BfoX

senselock != superpro...
Old 10-19-2011, 04:39 AM

senselock,not sentinel dongle,
pls check the pediy forum,maybe u can found some information about emulator.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:13 AM

Read this, than you know that you can forget it

Code:
 Smart-card based dongles allow to execute custom user code inside protected chip. They are also known as third generation dongles. “Code inside” technology makes it possible for software vendors to hide and execute a part of a software logic in a highly protected device. Software just sends some data to dongle and gets result back. It is nightmare for reverse engineer. Each software product must be researched from the scratch. If secret module logic is not trivial, it is impossible to build table which covers all inputs-outputs. So, nobody can guarantee that your software will work correctly with dongle emulator.
SenseLock EL (Elite), Feitian Rockey are the keys which can make your software really protected. It does not mean that using SenseLock nobody can break your software. For sure, there is nothing impossible in special labs, but if you design your protection well, its research would be extremely expensive.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:47 AM

Hi lomex and xnhon
I can see only the last sentence by the author where he says abt the chances to crk
lets just not forget the fact that all authors of such protectors claim that their protector is crackproff and indeed they r very good on their part but when it come to protecting apps, developers tends to make mistake and these loopholes make apps ready to crk
for senselock dongle a frnd of mine who wanted to crk an app protected with senselock was crked by me.
And if i could crk it that means the implementation was really bad :-)
so just give a try with ur favourate olly
Old 10-19-2011, 11:09 AM

Full text named "Dongles overview".
Smard-card based dongles are weak only if developer implemented trivial logic for the internal modules. Or put the same code into application to verify answers.
I saw few applications with weak integration of SenseLock, but later they fixed the holes.