Reverse Engineering RET Homepage RET Members Reverse Engineering Projects Reverse Engineering Papers Reversing Challenges Reverser Tools RET Re-Search Engine Reverse Engineering Forum Reverse Engineering Links

Go Back   Reverse Engineering Team Board > Reverse Engineering Board > Reverse Code Engineering
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2009, 08:42 AM

Default help me please with hasp hl

hey
before sorry for my english
i Have a key usb hasp hl pupre (pro ,I think),i have make a dump with h5dmp.exe i have 2 files hasp.dump and hhl_mem.dump
i have converted with unidump2reg with option vusbhasp hl.
After i make a log with hasploger and toromonitor 3.2 i extratct q/a pair,i put in reg file but i have always 1031 error envellop i use multikey 1.82 as emulator

thank for your responses

ps:it's a hasp hl 3.21
Old 04-20-2009, 01:31 AM

You need extract pair table(s) from enveloped files.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodongle View Post
You need extract pair table(s) from enveloped files.
I am very understand if there aren't instant explanation how to extract pair table(s).

At least, Please give us hints how to extract Q/A and Qenc/Aenc pair(s) under debugger or USB device tracer utilities such as Perisoft BusHound and Sysnucleus USB Trace.

Last edited by SonofabiT : 04-20-2009 at 03:12 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:27 AM
Super Moderator

Search the forum, this subject has been discussed many times.

Git
Old 04-20-2009, 11:58 AM

Of Course i have been search the forum. What i mean "under debugger" is how to extract pair(s) table from .protect section ?
Old 07-16-2009, 10:41 AM

@all
Do I always need plug my HaspHL Max dongle to extract Aenc/Qenc pair(s) table from .protect section ?

Last edited by SonofabiT : 07-16-2009 at 11:03 AM.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:55 AM

Default No

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofabiT View Post
@all
Do I always need plug my HaspHL Max dongle to extract Aenc/Qenc pair(s) table from .protect section ?
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-16-2009, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator

Often thie shell/envelope encryption is applied several times on top of each other. Unless you have tools to generate the emulator parameters, it can be a pain to do manually. It is achieved with multiple layers of encryption using the dongle API hasp_encrypt and decrypted during run with hasp_decrypt.

Usual method is to make basic emulator, run target and hasp logger until it puts up error dialog, then save dump as dump01.exe. Search the dump01.exe for input parameter to any of the hasp_decrypt calls in the log. When you find it, search back in the file for non-Unicode string GetTickCount followed by 4 0x00 bytes. Count another 4 bytes and then you have the start of the Q/A pairs block, so if GetTickCount string starts at 0x11F50, block starts at 0x11F64. Copy 0x1000 bytes from that address to a file called, say, pairs01.bin. The first 2048 bytes of that file represent 128 ATable entries for emulator and last 2048 bytes represent 128 corresponding QTable entries. Add those 128 Q/A pairs to the emulator and restart emulator. Much easier if you write a small program to convert pairs.bin to registry entries.

Now run application and hasp logger again. Again, it will maybe put up error dialog about Envelope. Again save dump, this time as dump02.exe. Search through dump02.exe for input value of hasp_decrypt call in log. Same as before, search back for GetTickCount, copy 4096 byte block from 8 bytes past GetTickCount to new file pairs02.bin. Add the new 128 pairs to the emulator and restart. This time the application may run, maybe not. Repeat procudure until no Envelope error. You now have emulator covering all envelope hasp_decrypt calls. If the programmer was clever, he has used the API and there will be many hasp_decrypt and hasp_encrypt calls in the program with random parameters and it is almost impossible to emulate. However, many programmers do nothing more than put shell/envelope around program and call it protected. If so, you now have 100% emulation of dongle for that app.

Git