Reverse Engineering RET Homepage RET Members Reverse Engineering Projects Reverse Engineering Papers Reversing Challenges Reverser Tools RET Re-Search Engine Reverse Engineering Forum Reverse Engineering Links

Go Back   Reverse Engineering Team Board > Reverse Engineering Board > .NET Reverse Engineering
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2011, 02:54 AM

Default [Question] Debug .NET EXE

Which is the better method to debug a .NET EXE?
I have installed IDA and Reflector, but these tools permit to see only the assembly or original source.
I would like to debug the exe step-by-step as in OllyDBG. Is it possible in .NET EXE? I don't have original source.
Are there some guides for a newbie as me? I would like not use Visual Studio.

Thank you for your help.
Old 09-24-2011, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0xd4d View Post
I think Reflector has a VS plugin you can use to step into 3rd party code. If you create a simple project that calls the assembly, you should be able to step through it with VS's debugger.
I tried this solution, don't work very well when the exe is obfuscated. Reflector AddIN don't permit to see the IL code, only C# e VisualBasic, when I try to explorer the code with VisualStudio, I can see only as binary file and so I can't put breakpoint.
It's very hard to do a Reverse Engineering of .net exe.

EDIT
I tried also ILSpy, talk about remove all breakpoint, but I don't understand how to set a breakpoint. No menu and no function keys.

DILE is crazy also on my computer but is usefull for understand which class analyze. Breakpoint work without problem. Only this program permit to start a .exe in debug mode, all other ask me to attach a process already running. So I can't debug the initial program.
I hope DILE improve in the future. I like it.

Last edited by diodolo : 09-24-2011 at 02:16 PM.