Reverse Engineering RET Homepage RET Members Reverse Engineering Projects Reverse Engineering Papers Reversing Challenges Reverser Tools RET Re-Search Engine Reverse Engineering Forum Reverse Engineering Links

Go Back   Reverse Engineering Team Board > Reverse Engineering Board > Reverse Code Engineering
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2008, 03:33 AM

Send a message via MSN to souze_villy Send a message via Yahoo to souze_villy

Quote:
Originally Posted by souze_villy View Post
Status is not important for HaspHL cracking if have then explain?
try to use the toro monitor.
Old 07-16-2008, 01:28 PM

Send a message via ICQ to justine Send a message via MSN to justine Send a message via Yahoo to justine Send a message via Skype™ to justine

when you see something like "FC FD FB FD | F8 FF FB FD | FE F9 FC F9 | F8 FE FD FE" it means that you dont have good answer for your current request in your table
Old 07-17-2008, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justine View Post
when you see something like "FC FD FB FD | F8 FF FB FD | FE F9 FC F9 | F8 FE FD FE" it means that you dont have good answer for your current request in your table
why?

it's same as original dongle's reponse.

thanks for your reply.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:56 AM

Send a message via ICQ to justine Send a message via MSN to justine Send a message via Yahoo to justine Send a message via Skype™ to justine

no it's not
when emulator cannot find good response it push "FC FD FB FD | F8 FF FB FD | FE F9 FC F9 | F8 FE FD FE" as a good response

as i can see this pair is count 48 so it cannot be random
use sataron's or toro's monitor to log all pairs...execute every sigle option in aplicaton...i suggest you to start monitor and work 2-3 hours as usual....run every option that exist in software...then make final table...for random pairs you are on your own
Old 07-17-2008, 07:24 AM
Super Moderator

That may have been true of one build of one emulator one time, but it is absolutely not true in general. Most emulators use a pseudo random number generator specifically when it fails to match so you can NOT tell when it has failed to find a match. It does this because it would be a very easy way for an app or the driver to know it was talking to an emulator and not a real dongle. The real dongle can never fail to produce a crypted reply - whatever gets thrown at it it just en|decrypts and throws back.

Git
Old 07-17-2008, 08:07 AM

git is right when we speak in general...some emulators will give answer same as question some other maybe something else
it's not general rule

in his case it is true..his table is not compleat
Old 07-17-2008, 11:27 PM

Thank you,justine.
i will try what you said,and provide results here for reference.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:38 AM

Damn, my eyes hurt from all this reading

Something is kynky here. everything seems so easy but nothing works, vusb does not work, some of the users don't know english well so their explanation is a bit confusing, the are 15 tools on this forum and every small tutorial mixes om at least 5 tools, then some say vusbbus is not working because it's the public version, then other tool does not show de MODAD string ...

I just want to emulate my Hasp HL 2.16 dongle (Aladdin). Toro monitor doesn't give me the MODAD code, HASPHL2007 is dumping different files with different filesizes (depending the hasp driver I use etc.)

Jeezas Christ can anyone help me ? At least to have multiple tutorials for multiple dongles.

I tell you .. nothing works.. NOTHING!
Old 07-18-2008, 07:40 AM

problem will be between PC and chair
Old 07-18-2008, 08:28 AM

w8 ... now I have some info.

Last year when i bought the application HASPHL2007 was out from software-key. I wanted a trial so I made a dump with it and sent the dmp to them. After 1 day, I received a dng file. Well the file was loaded into HASPHL2007 and everything was OK until I run my protected application. When i run it a message appers:
Error 1031: Envelope unknown error.

I've talked to them and told me to send them the application. I refused. So now, I try again with the HASPHL2007 -EDGE version and the dng file loads correctly in HASPHL2007, it tells my it is fully licensed (for my HASP serial number). But when I run my app. it gives me the Error 1031. So I know for sure that I have HASP (don't know the version) and not hasp-HL (with MODAD).

What emulation you you recomand ?