Reverse Engineering RET Homepage RET Members Reverse Engineering Projects Reverse Engineering Papers Reversing Challenges Reverser Tools RET Re-Search Engine Reverse Engineering Forum Reverse Engineering Links

Go Back   Reverse Engineering Team Board > Reverse Engineering Board > Steganography + Cryptography
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2005, 04:27 PM

I have this task at hand. I have this software called quickflash. Unfortunately the software company that wrote this program went belly up. Now we need more licenses for users. I suspect that they are saving the number of licenses in a .bmp file, since its so odd that they have a black picture file. Does anyone know of a way to search through this bmp for whatever data that is hidden in it. I tried some stenographic tools but they didnt work because they can only detect files made my that software "I think".

If anyone can help in any way, please email at ny3ranger@gmail.com

Thanks,
Tash
Old 06-29-2006, 10:52 AM

Hi, what I would do is: open BMP file in eg. Photoshop and do a "Save As" (with same parameters as original file) as a new BMP file. The new BMP should now not contain the whateever data was in the original. Then do a bytecmp with the two files.
Maybe you can come up with something.

bye,
arctus, SI