Reverse Engineering RET Homepage RET Members Reverse Engineering Projects Reverse Engineering Papers Reversing Challenges Reverser Tools RET Re-Search Engine Reverse Engineering Forum Reverse Engineering Links

Go Back   Reverse Engineering Team Board > Reverse Engineering Board > Steganography + Cryptography
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2002, 06:33 PM
Administrator

Default well...

... I think I should post something here.
I'm +mala, I've played with (more or less) hand made steganography for a while, and I'm interested in steganalysis too... this is due to different reasons:
- on one side, I think that steganography could be a good way (like cryptography, use of remailers, knowledge about what happens first in your computer and then on the Internet) to protect ourselves and our freedom
- on the other side, steganalysis is not only a "funny game" (and a volley match is funnier, after all but also a way to proof that what you've hidden is more or less detectable. Would you continue hiding your secret data in lower bits of images if you knew that they're easily traceable just with a palette analysis?

I've collected some very interesting papers about steganography and steganalysis on the Web, but still didn't have the time to dedicate a whole page. So, I'll give you the link to a big zipped file (almost 9MB) and then, slooowly, will make a good document to introduce them In the meanwhile, feel free to write your opinions here.

Ah, the link (at least for now) is
http://3564020356.org/zelif/stego.zip

+mala
Old 12-16-2002, 04:30 PM

Default One good page

Good or not, just wanted to post it. If anyone will see some basics of stego and that things. Just like me: http://rr.sans.org/encryption/steganalysis.php is one "good" ??? page...

Acid_Cool_178
Old 12-17-2002, 07:36 AM
Administrator

Default Re: One good page

Quote:
Good or not, just wanted to post it. If anyone will see some basics of stego and that things. Just like me: http://rr.sans.org/encryption/steganalysis.php is one \"good\" ??? page... *

Acid_Cool_178
Thank you! I liked it, because it explains the basics (even if not everything, it gives the idea of what's going on) in an easy way and is less formal than the papers I've collected...

Of course, anyone can add links here to tutes, papers, tools and so on ^__^

+mala
Old 12-17-2002, 08:23 AM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to kw

I've no time to read it atm, but that looks like a very nice document.
Cheers

-kw-