Reverse Engineering RET Homepage RET Members Reverse Engineering Projects Reverse Engineering Papers Reversing Challenges Reverser Tools RET Re-Search Engine Reverse Engineering Forum Reverse Engineering Links

Go Back   Reverse Engineering Team Board > Reverse Engineering Board > .NET Reverse Engineering
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2009, 04:32 PM

Default CrackMe [Observational]

Ive put together a little crack me.

If/Once your past HWID Protection, try to crack the password.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C1AKEPSY
Old 12-14-2009, 04:47 AM

What's the point of another SmartAssembly CrackME !!?
Old 12-14-2009, 06:40 AM

Cool Try this

Anyway It was not hard but rather boring....

Copy the 2 files in the archive and run loader.exe from the CrackME folder, then you can use any string as a correct PWD.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Archive.zip (5.6 KB, 22 views)
Old 12-14-2009, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurapica View Post
Anyway It was not hard but rather boring....

Copy the 2 files in the archive and run loader.exe from the CrackME folder, then you can use any string as a correct PWD.
How exactly did you do this?
Old 12-14-2009, 08:33 AM

cool approach karapica ! btw sweet .. u have to find the bytes responsible for the good / bad jumps .. and with a loader u can patch em in memory without breaking strongnaming etc .. caus the key is used for encrypt / decrypt. u could wirte your own loader too or use dup or something like that

Last edited by sirp : 12-14-2009 at 08:36 AM.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirp View Post
cool approach karapica ! btw sweet .. u have to find the bytes responsible for the good / bad jumps .. and with a loader u can patch em in memory without breaking strongnaming etc .. caus the key is used for encrypt / decrypt. u could wirte your own loader too or use dup or something like that
So, i couldnt use this protection on my product that will be going on sale soon? I dont want it to get cracked, and you seemed to do it very easily.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:52 AM

@SweetZ: look around this board, you'll learn 2 things very quickly.

First, anything that runs can be broken. If your product is worth it, it will be cracked sooner or later. Just accept it as a fact.
Second, Kurapica is one of the top .NET reversers in the world. He can break virtually any .NET protection. But your real worries should be beginners and medium-level reversers and {smartassembly} is good enough to stop them.

Software protection is similar to keys of your house. Great locksmith will be able to open standard locks in a few seconds or minutes. But the locks are good enough to stop majority of criminals, therefore we still use them.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kao View Post
@SweetZ: look around this board, you'll learn 2 things very quickly.

First, anything that runs can be broken. If your product is worth it, it will be cracked sooner or later. Just accept it as a fact.
Second, Kurapica is one of the top .NET reversers in the world. He can break virtually any .NET protection. But your real worries should be beginners and medium-level reversers and {smartassembly} is good enough to stop them.

Software protection is similar to keys of your house. Great locksmith will be able to open standard locks in a few seconds or minutes. But the locks are good enough to stop majority of criminals, therefore we still use them.
Thankyou very much for that, i didnt know he was that good hehe.

So is {smartassembly} good enouph to protect my program from low-mid level crackers? It also has my HWID implemented too.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:22 PM

lol kao !! Thanks for the nice words coz It really made my day

and as kao already said, SA is an excellent protection that can stop most beginners and medium-level reversers, personally I use it.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:25 PM

Nice approach Kurapica. Personally that is what I do for apps protected with {SmartAssembly} 4, because if the "References Dynamic Proxy" setting is enabled then it is very hard to directly edit the exe (although NOT impossible).

To the OP, if I were you I would go with either {SmartAssembly} or DeployLX Codeveil 3.2. Codeveil is also a very nice protector that will stop most beginner - average reversers. DeployLX also has a licensing system which is very nice.