Reverse Engineering RET Homepage RET Members Reverse Engineering Projects Reverse Engineering Papers Reversing Challenges Reverser Tools RET Re-Search Engine Reverse Engineering Forum Reverse Engineering Links

Go Back   Reverse Engineering Team Board > Reverse Engineering Board > Reverse Code Engineering
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2010, 06:26 AM

Default HL-Solver Not Finding Seeds?

Hi All,

I am new to hardlock emulation so please forgive me if I anger somebody because I am such a n00b.

Trying to get a Aladdin Eye Hardlock emulated, it is of the parallel type and I believe from the output given by Sp0raw's HL-Dump tool that it is the old type that does not have any ASIC memory? It has the brass connectors (which is important I believe too). Reason for emulation is so that I can move the software into a VM without having to purchase a PCIx Parallel Card for our Dell ESX server.

After much searching and reading a lot of dongle reverse engineering documentation I think I am taking the right steps as follows:

1. Using the Toro Monitor tool I start the protected software, this tells me that I have a hardlock running at 0x131F (ModAd=4895).
2. I then use Sp0raw's HL-Dump tool and tell it to dump from ModAd 0x131f. This creates the .DAT and .REG files named 131F.
3. I import the .REG file into the registry and then using HL-Solver I enter the ModAd 0x131f and click the Find button.

This is where I get lost as it runs until 100% is hit but never displays any seeds.

Can anybody help? Is it the case that as I am using the non-memory based hardlock that I cannot find the seeds?

Cheers.

Spar1GreP
Old 03-23-2010, 07:44 AM

Send a message via ICQ to justine Send a message via MSN to justine Send a message via Yahoo to justine Send a message via Skype™ to justine

you have old type of hardlock with flora asic . use unidmp2reg to find seeds
Old 03-23-2010, 08:25 AM

Red face

Hi ALLEZ!!

Thanks for the reply. I have managed to download the UniDmp2Reg (1.1b3) application. I dont suppose you know of a page where it explains how this application works and how I can then use .FSx files it generates with MyLock.FST Builder 0.1 (if indeed I can use them)?, or if I am to use a different method with these files.

I used the DAT file generated by HL-DUMP as the Dump file and it seemed to like that as it only gave me the option to choose SafeKey SafeHardLok within UniDmp2Reg.

Again thanks for the help.

Spar1GreP
Old 03-23-2010, 09:42 AM

Send a message via ICQ to BfoX Send a message via MSN to BfoX Send a message via Yahoo to BfoX

use h224 for making the .fst file...
Old 03-24-2010, 02:57 PM

Hi Bfox,

h224? Thats a real-time communication protocol? Does it have a more descriptive term as I cannot find anything in the Google relating to h224 and dongle key emu?

Thanks
Spar1GreP
Old 03-25-2010, 09:27 AM

Send a message via ICQ to BfoX Send a message via MSN to BfoX Send a message via Yahoo to BfoX

upload .dat/.reg file and pm ink to me.