Reverse Engineering RET Homepage RET Members Reverse Engineering Projects Reverse Engineering Papers Reversing Challenges Reverser Tools RET Re-Search Engine Reverse Engineering Forum Reverse Engineering Links

Go Back   Reverse Engineering Team Board > Reverse Engineering Board > Reverse Code Engineering
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2011, 02:36 AM

Default Sharing license dongle thru a network

It is bit of curiosity , is it possible to share USB dongle thru a network?

eg: I insert the licensed USB dongle to a windows 2003 server. can other workstation can detect or a way that it will be detected thru the network so the workstation will be able to use the software?

If can do, can someone show how simple step how it can be done.

Im planning to make desktop pc that will be called a " License Server" so all our license dongle will be inserted on server (or emulated on that server).

Happy Holidays
Old 12-16-2011, 05:07 AM

search for USB OVER NETWORK, there are some nice utilities
Old 12-16-2011, 07:49 AM

Smile

Nice software but only one user can use it at time and the device can't be used from the computer where it is attached until sharing is disabled. I use to share my digital signature on multiple PC's...
Old 12-16-2011, 08:24 AM
Super Moderator

What type of dongle is it?. A lot of the dongles have network servers for that purpose.

Git
Old 12-18-2011, 11:20 AM

@ Git

We are using Sentinel Super Pro dongles.
Because for software likes MIDAS/ETABS or other high end softwares that i have it shows. I saw an option there that detecting the license thru a network/server.

for me it will be more cost effective and more reliable system to a small office that is using most of the times the high end softwares.

really looking forward to learn if can be done
Old 12-18-2011, 02:15 PM
Super Moderator

Install the latest drivers and it should get shared on the net ok unless it is an old dongle. That does not mean it is programmed with enough licenses to allow everyone to connect though.

Git
Old 12-18-2011, 10:18 PM

@ Git

i have the latest drivers and i see that there is option to get establish a LAN server or LAN client. but I cannot work it figured it out properly.

@sparpacillon

I tried also the USB over NETWORK but some Sentinel Dongle attached or a Emulated dongle cannot be detect to share over to a Network.

For me i prefer using shared dongle thru network to prevent any other employees to copy the software and the emulated key.

I found this site. but hoping we can manage it thru a virtual keys without the hardware:
http://www.seh-technology.com/produc...le-server.html

Last edited by NinoFersie : 12-19-2011 at 04:39 AM.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:17 AM

I've a device that is able to share the dongle over the network. Work with most of the dongle and support up to 4 user concurrent connection.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:07 AM

The only problem is that in each moment only one user can access the dongle shared over network using USB-NETWORK adapters or software.

@qiok

Had you tested 4 concurrent connections using that adapter and they work all fine in same time?

Last edited by user1 : 06-23-2013 at 10:10 AM.